Monday, September 10, 2007

DowntownContours 9.07

We were supposed to take a total of two hours on these four sketches, but for me it was six! But again I learned a lot and I'm pleased with these drawings. Thanks to both Jake and Suzanne for encouragement. And thanks a million to Jake for catching my mistake with trying to find angles using my pencil. It kept dipping into the 3rd dimension! He gave me the "pane of glass" image, and it has made a tremendous difference. Yeah! This first drawing is a law office on Elm Street.
I wanted to find something modern and something simple. This bank is on the corner of Market Street and Murrow Blvd. Very simple lines with a creamy, adobe-like surface.
Cheesecake by Alex on Elm Street was closed :(. I like the coziness of the small shop and the gathered curtain. Looks very inviting.


This was my first choice for the downtown contour series. Whoa! I went back 3 times. It definitely challenged me. But I love the building and its place in the GSO arts community so it was fun to do.

No comments: